10.03.2006

I was on reality tv.

I had a really strange dream last night. I dreamed I was on this Big Brother/Survivor/Real World kinda show where I survived the final elimination and there and there were only 5 people left (two women and 3 guys including me and my brother). Every reality show has its catch and the catch on this show was that we didn't know which one of us was planted to select who was going to win $1,000,000.

To make the show more interesting, we were all told the final day that out of the remaining people in the house, that the other guy left in the group was the sole decider on who would win the money. I had inclinations that this guy might be gay, but he hid it very well so I was unsure. I finally got him alone and I took a huge risk by putting moves on him. I'm not really that deceptive, but I guess in the dream my survival instincts took over because I wanted to be chosen. I remember asking him where he was from (Charlotte, NC) and telling him that he wasn't that far from where I lived and that I would see him all the time!

Things went from sleazy to slutty when I convinced him to take a shower with me! At this point in the dream, I really think all of this is real! In the back of my mind I'm thinking, "How on earth am I going to explain this to my grandma? I'm in a shower with another guy on TV!" Meanwhile, both of the girls are downstairs or outside (we don't care) and all my brother is doing is sitting on the sofa watching television and not bothering anyone. The shower scene quickly ended (nothing happened, of course -- I'm on TV!) and then I got dried off and talked to him in private. I told him that I hope that he picks me and he said that he would and I was really happy with him and I felt like we might have at least some common bond since both of us were gay (or was he just equal opportunity? I don't know, I can't interview him because he lives in my subconscious).

Shortly thereafter, we gathered and he announced the winner -- my brother! He really didn't say a reason, but the only thing I thought of was that he was so laid back and not trying to be manipulative and he may have thought I was trying to play a game with him (which I was) to get the money. My brother's flippant, laid back attitude scored him the $1,000,000. Of course as soon as he won it, I said, "Can I have $100,000," and he said, "Yes." Then, I called grandma first (I really was worried!) and then we called every other family or friend we knew to let them know the good news, too! In between phone calls, I was actually planning my house and I was excited because I knew I'd immediately pay off my college debt ($44,000+).

Yes, all of this really happened in the dream. Too bad it's not real. Wah-wah-wah-wah!

[this dream reposted from my blog]

No comments: